Fostering Debate Talent (FDT)
FDT Academy is Canada’s leading provider of Debate, Speech and Model United Nations coaching. We offer valuable and unparalleled learning experiences to students of all ages from the Lower Mainland and around the world. Our students’ successes are what set FDT apart, with over 30 students having been selected to join the Canadian National Debate or Speech teams. FDT can also be found hosting local debate tournaments, sponsoring events such as Model UN conferences, and offering a variety of scholarships.
Why Choose FDT?
- Learn alongside 300+ students at our Vancouver academy or online via Zoom.
- Join students with a range of experience levels, from kindergarten to grade 12.
- Engage with our dynamic instructors who are experts in their field.
- Choose from a variety of customizable program packages.
- Build confidence and learn to think critically as you explore issues from all perspectives.
- Develop your resume and prepare for your future career.
- Position yourself for Ivy League school acceptance.
- Work towards obtaining awards and accolades.
- Become a global citizen by competing in tournaments around the world.
Students learn how to use rhetoric and evidence through debate, forming a skillset that allows them to succeed in their future academic and professional careers.
From teaching students basic skills like writing speeches and presenting with confidence, to more advanced skills like dramatic interpretation and how to deliver impromptu speeches, FDT teaches it all.
Model United Nations allows for our students to simulate discussions taking place in the UN through participating in different committees.
FDT offers debate group classes that are sorted by age and experience level. We teach basic to advanced debate skills to students from kindergarten to grade 12, and university. Our classes for younger students teach confidence-building and write speeches. Our older classes prepare secondary school students for high-level tournaments. FDT teaches the following styles of debate – Canadian National Debate Format, British Parliamentary, Cross-Examination, and World Schools.
We also offer private one-on-one classes in Debate, as well as in Speech and Model United Nations, in accordance with a student’s individual needs. Private lessons help students to prepare for public speaking competitions by working with experienced instructors who teach fundamental skills to help students prepare for debate and speech tournaments, and MUN conferences.